Cambridge Global English is a six-level Primary course following the Cambridge Primary English as a Second Language Curriculum Framework developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment.
Learner’s Books have nine thematic units of study ending with an engaging project and opportunity for self-assessment. Richly illustrated units contain six lessons, each developed around a unifying theme.
The materials feature skills-building tasks for listening, reading, writing and speaking. ‘Language tip’, ‘Language detective’ and ‘Words to remember’ features highlight and focus on vocabulary development and language awareness. Lessons include a variety of texts: factual and fictional, dialogue and poetry covering a range of topics. Accompanying Audio CD includes listening material and Learner’s and Activity Books. CEFR Level: A1.
- Starter Unit to review letters and numbers.
- ‘Language detective’ feature highlights key structures.
- ‘Writing tips’ give useful reminders to help with writing.
- ‘Words to remember’ boxes highlight key vocabulary.
- Project spreads give opportunities and ideas for creative activities to round off units.
- ‘Look what I can do’ feature provides opportunity for light-touch self-assessment.
- Picture Dictionary in end pages to support vocabulary development.
- Audio CD with songs, recordings of all story texts and poems included in the Learner’s Book and audio for all Learner’s
- Book and Activity Book listening activities